Audition information – please read carefully before you complete the application form below
Auditions are held at:
Waterkloof NG Church, Dey Street, Pretoria.
15 September 2017 from 14:00-18:00
16 September 2017 from 14:00-18:00
The audition will consist of:
- One unaccompanied audition piece of participant’s choice (Baroque or Classical)
- One scale page, sung and played from memory (click here to print required scale)
- A quick study
R100 - bring along to the audition in a sealed envelope with student's name and surname.
R50 extra per person in an ensemble (pre-formed group)
Please ensure that your audition piece from the Baroque or Classical period meets the following age-level requirements (age as on 1 October 2017):
– Age 7-9: Minimum grade 2 level
– Age 10-11: Minimum grade 3 level
– Age 12-13: Minimum grade 4 level
– Age 14-16: Minimum grade 5 level
– Age 17-19: Minimum grade 6
Please note that the quick study will only be available on the day of the audition. The participant should arrive 30 mins early to study their quick study.
Print required scale
The scale should be printed and practised before the audition. The scale has to be performed by singing the solfa names from memory (on any comfortable pitch), followed by playing the scale from memory.Print required scale
Check list for audition:
- Please print and practice the scale for the audition from this website.
- Please bring a hard copy of the application form. Download here
- Signed indemnity form. Download here
- Copy of your music: Baroque or Classical piece.
- No accompanist allowed.
- Arrive 30 min early, to study your quick study.
- Audition fee R100 per student. (in sealed envelope with participant’s name).
- Extra audition fee for ensembles: R50 per student.
The decision of the audition panel is final and cannot be contested.
Please sms/whatsapp the participant’s name and surname on Sunday 18 September 2017 after 16:00, to 0727023013 to obtain audition result.
If your audition was successful, the full fee should be paid by 30 September 2017 into the festival account. If you fail to make the payment by 30 September, you will lose your place in the 2018 festival.
Festival Fees 2018
Half day course fee: R1200
Full day course fee: R1400
Second child per family: R1200
MRS JW ROOS
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1483897166
BRANCH CODE: 470010
REF: Participant’s name and surname