The 4th GCMF (Dec 2018) includes woodwinds and brass!
Since 2016, the aim of the GCMF was to enhance chamber music
skills amongst string players and has developed quality chamber
music skills amongst participating students. The 4th GCMF will
include woodwinds and brass.
To develop chamber music and musicianship skills in young wind players.
To improve and transform the standard of ensemble playing
– A classical music festival for wind players aged 10-20
– Daily chamber music training and workshops
– Focus on quality small group ensemble playing
– Woodwind and brass instrument playing techniques
When and Where?
7-12 December 2018, 08:30-16:00
Southdowns College, Irene
GALA Concert 12 December @ 18:00, NG Waterkloof, Pretoria
Pretoria Day 1: Saturday 25 August, NG Kerk Pretoria-Oos from 09:00 am.
Pretoria Day 2: Friday 12 October, Afrikaanse Hoër Seunskool, Pretoria – 14:00-19:00.
Johannesburg: Monday 08 October St John’s College from 14:15 pm
- Participants must prepare an unaccompanied piece of own choice at minimum Grade 4 level (age 10-13) and minimum Grade 5 level (age 14-20)
- Scales: one major scale, and one natural, harmonic and melodic minor scale, played tongued and slurred (Scales to be received according to entry). Click here for scales
- A quick study – to be received and practiced 30 min before audition time.
- Pre-formed groups wishing to audition must audition as a group after each individual’s audition (group must not exceed 8 players)